Instrument Donation Drive
We’re partnering with the Music for Life Foundation to host our second annual instrument donation drive! Bring your gently used instruments to the club and the Music for Life Foundation will repair and distribute to schools in need. Guitars, ʻukuleles, trumpets, tubas, melodicas; drop them off at our box office or gift shop and help us to support music education!
Last year we collected nearly 100 instruments. Let’s beat that record!
- Donations will be accepted March 1-23 at the Blue Note gift shop (10am-9pm daily) and box office (5-10pm on show nights).
- You do not need a ticket to donate
- Only “gently used” instruments accepted; complete and playable
- Will also accept music-related supplies and equipment (i.e. instrument strings, amplifiers, microphones and stands, music sheet stands, foot pedals, etc.)
- Music For Life Foundation donation receipts available upon request
- Residential pickup of instrument donation can be arranged
- Upright pianos not accepted due to storage space limitations
About the Music for Life Foundation
While many schools address and attempt to resolve their financial challenges by eliminating music and arts programs, the mission of Music for Life Foundation and its all-volunteer board of directors and staff is to assist these schools with financial assistance, musical instrument donations and music instruction staff support; allowing all students the opportunities to experience the life-rewarding and empowering benefits of music.
More Ways You Can Help
Blue Note guests will have the option to donate to the Music for Life Foundation when purchasing tickets online in the months of March and April. Blue Note began its charitable giving program in January of 2022 and has since raised over $26,000 for local non-profit organizations which support music and arts education. Mahalo for your support!